vendredi 5 novembre 2010

Ayn Rand, a "philosophical" hotchpotch





This is a picture of Ayn Rand whose name I had previously met without doing any further reading. But since I noticed that Wiki had four golden articles about her, particularly in French, I then did my duty and read the whole bloody thing.




Good grief! What a hotchpotch of insanities totally unworthy debunking so ridiculous they are. One thing I can state is that I'm not about to read Atlas Shrugged.

I also tried to read the Objectivism article but I had to give up.

Well, I admit that wasn't a complete waste of time since I've learned something (the very existence of this woman and her "philosophy") and also that was a good introduction to libertarianism.

Furthermore, I learned how important this trend of thoughts seems to have been in the US for the past 50 years and how it still may hold some traceable influence in current American domestic politics as seen on this picture of protesting Tea partiers.

But now that I'm through with Ayn Rand you can count me out about Ron Hubbard...

Aucun commentaire: